At My Dental Care, we believe that you should look just as good as you feel. As a smile is the first thing people notice in others, you might want to enhance it or go for a full makeover. Our choice of treatments includes; whitening, tooth-coloured fillings, and porcelain veneers.
- An intense, deep clean, followed by irrigation of the gums with a special medicine to flush out all debris and kill any live bacteria. Followed by stain removal with the Prophy-jet® (below).
Prophy-jet® Stain Removal
- is a super-powered blast of air polishing which works by spraying high pressured water, mixed with a fine polishing powder onto the surface of your teeth. Working as a two-pronged attack - the powered water washes away the residue and plaque, whilst the powder removes all the brown and yellow stains from your teeth. The end result is teeth that look smooth and polished, and feel cleaner than ever before.
- Take your first steps towards a smile-make-over by transforming stained and discoloured teeth into bright pearly whites! My Dental Care offer three equally successful methods appropriate to your actual teeth, time frame and finances.
Optident Home Whitening
- An extremely effective, economical and easy to use system. We provide you with pre-loaded whitening trays, that contain a 10% Hydrogen peroxide gel, to use for an hour a day over 10 days. Available in refreshing mint, or fruity melon flavours.
Custom Tray Whitening
- If you aren't blessed with straight teeth, a custom-made mould is the perfect alternative home option. Simply fill the special fitting tray with the whitening gel (16% Carbide Peroxide) provided, and wear overnight for 2-3 weeks, depending on the required effect.
This system is the most cost-effective in the long run. Once you have your tray, all you need to buy is more gel for whitening top-ups. A box of syringes lasts for many months.
In-Surgery Whitening - Using an Opalescence Xtra Boost Whitening System -
We'll give you a dazzling smile over your lunch hour, and send you away with a free box of pre-loaded whitening trays for future home top-ups. Our dentists apply a 38% Carbide peroxide gel to your teeth in the chair, which acts quickly to remove stains from your teeth.
Please note that teeth whitening can irritate already unhealthy gums. We make sure your teeth are free of plaque and tartar before we embark on any whitening treatments. We always make sure they are in good condition before we whiten your teeth.
- A natural looking alternative to unsightly, silvery amalgam fillings, which means you can talk and laugh with confidence! Called composite resins, they are applied soft and moulded to the shape of a tooth before they are hardened, usually using a blue light.
- Another step towards a smile makeover. If your teeth are chipped, discoloured, spaced or crowded, a veneer can make a huge but subtle difference to your appearance. These thin-porcelain restorations are made to fit over your own teeth, altering any imperfections and creating a natural beautiful new smile.
- Tooth coloured porcelain inserts, which are chemically bonded to damaged teeth to restore them back to their original strength. Virtually invisible, but strong and durable, the fillings are constructed in a laboratory and made to fit precisely.
Procera AllCeram Crowns
- The dental all-ceramic crown for natural beauty, maximum strength, optimum fit, easy preparation and cementation. Once fitted the crowns produce strong and beautiful teeth, which have the ability to transmit light without being transparent. Metal-free and tissue friendly, they are made up from bio-compatible materials which minimises the risk of allergic reactions.